Find The Perfect Bathroom Floor At McDaniels
When choosing the right flooring for a bathroom, there is a lot more to keep in mind than personal style. Some very specific factors come into play:
- How impervious is the flooring to water and steam?
- Will it stain easily when there is a spill like makeup?
- Is it safe or does it become slippery when wet?
- How long will it last?
Special consideration needs to be given to bathroom flooring for a couple of reasons. If your bathroom is not a large room, choosing lighter colors and designs with larger elements will expand the room. Also consider that a bathroom receives a lot of moisture both in the form of water and steam from showers, taps and the bath.
Given those considerations, here are some of the options in bathroom flooring:
- Ceramic Tile Flooring – Ceramic tile is the best of all worlds. Like stone, it’s got a rich, textured, solid feeling. Like vinyl, it’s waterproof and it’s fairly inexpensive. And like wood flooring, it looks pretty good.
- Laminate Flooring – Laminate bathroom flooring is easy to clean and stands up to a lot of wear.
- Marble and Granite Floors – Marble and granite bathroom floors make a beautiful surface that is durable and looks great. Be aware of their care and maintenance needs.
- Sheet or Tile Vinyl Flooring – Vinyl bathrom flooring is the most popular choice for many bathrooms. Importantly, vinyl flooring resists moisture penetration and is available in slip retardant surfaces. A floor’s resistance against water, steam, splashing, and humidity is an important consideration when selecting your bathroom flooring.